The 121st annual general meeting of the league was held at Guisborough Town FC today.
Among the announcements were:
-Next season starts on August 3 and finishes on April 18
– At the end of the season three teams from the league will be promoted to the new Step 4 league being set up by the FA
– Reserve sides are now allowed in the league, but they are only allowed up to Step 6 (the second division) and there still has to be at least two steps/divisions between the first and the reserve team.
– For the Vase it remains the case that a player is suspended after two cautions, but for the FA Cup it will now be four cautions before a player is suspended. However, for the Vase, a team can select three substitutes from seven.
– Next year’s AGM will be on June 13 at Crook Town and the annual presentation dinner will be on Friday, May 29.
– The Cleator Cup between Dunston UTS and West Auckland Town will be played on Saturday, July 27.
The fixtures for next season will be published once the FA has completed its appeals procedure on promotion, relegation and lateral transfer issues.