DRAW MADE FOR FIRST AND SECOND ROUND OF ERNEST ARMSTRONG MEMORIAL CUP
The draw for the first and second round of the Ernest Armstrong Memorial Cup was made at Birtley Town FC tonight.
The cup is the Ebac Northern League’s competition for second division clubs.
The first round is made up of four ties, with the remaining 12 teams in Division Two getting a bye to the second round.
Cup holders Chester-le-Street Town were first out of the bag and were drawn against Billingham Synthonia who were relegated from the first division last season.
In the second round Redcar Athletic, who were promoted to the league from the Wearside League, were given a home tie against Northallerton Town, while the hosts for the draw – Birtley – were drawn away to Esh Winning.
The provisional dates for the first round are October 1-4, with the second round provisionally to be played between November 5-8.
The draw was held live on YouTube and can be viewed below. The full draw is:
1. Chester-le-Street Town v. Billingham Synthonia
2. Easington Colliery v. Billingham Town
3. Willington v. Crook Town
4. Ryton & Crawcrook Albion v. West Allotment Celtic
5. Chester-le-Street Town or Billingham Synthonia v. Brandon United
6. Tow Law Town v. Ryton & Crawcrook Albion or West Allotment Celtic
7. Thornaby v. Bedlington Terriers
8. Willington or Crook Town v. Durham City
9. Redcar Athletic v. Northallerton Town
10. Esh Winning v. Birtley Town
11. Heaton Stannington v. Washington
12. Easington Colliery or Billingham Town v. Jarrow